Did you mean: 

Over 209 calls today

BobbyK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

i have had over over two hundred calls today from people saying I had called them. I know I have not called them.

i rang 02. They told me that they are aware of a fraud and would add my number to the list.

my problem is what do I do next. Options are to change my number, but this would cause me so many problems. 

Hoping somebody has a solution.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
This is happening to people on all networks and is being investigated.
Unfortunately, apart from continually blocking the numbers, there's nothing you can do until the networks get to the bottom of it and fix the issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
This is happening to people on all networks and is being investigated.
Unfortunately, apart from continually blocking the numbers, there's nothing you can do until the networks get to the bottom of it and fix the issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@BobbyK Yes changing your number probably would cause problems, but unfortunately, that's the only alternative at this point, as they haven't worked out how to fix this yet. O2 will allow you one number change for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@BobbyKPersonally I think it's far better to change your number than put up with this. It would cause you  less stress long term.

You are allowed one number change free of charge if you contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

209? That’s insane. That’s enough to drive anyone to despair 

Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 13

BobbyK
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks. It is driving me crazy. But I think I will put up with it for a few more days and see if it improves. I really don’t want to change my number

Message 8 of 13

BobbyK
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks for the advice
Message 9 of 13

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

It’s about time there were much more controls and government and phone plus and Ofcom  or who ever looks after everything started really doing something better to get this fixed.

209 is a stupid amount, I get annoyed with 1 or 2 a week.  I report everyone to the network and then block them.

more harsher penalty is needed to me

im really sorry ur getting that many, I can’t imagine what you are going through. 

Welcome me to the forum as ell @BobbyK

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 10 of 13