Did you mean: 

Out of contract - still paying the same

SJF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 which I took new with O2 and finished paying the monthly handset rental over a year ago and also completed my contract.

I am still happy with the phone but find myself paying the same monthly tariff even though I am no longer under contract. I am wanting to reduce the amount of GB I pay for as I ma connected to WIFI most of the time.

How do I go about getting a cheaper rate without starting a new contract over again? Is it best just to cancel this and get a monthly SIM only?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

It's a bit strange the payment has not gone down if the device has been paid off @SJF so I would check it has and (if you can) look at some old bills where you were paying both the device and the airtime.

You would upgrade to a sim only deal and you can choose a data allowance you want.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

It's a bit strange the payment has not gone down if the device has been paid off @SJF so I would check it has and (if you can) look at some old bills where you were paying both the device and the airtime.

You would upgrade to a sim only deal and you can choose a data allowance you want.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 2