Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders to Northern Ireland

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35240 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Well now - as an avid supporter of purchasing through resellers, especially when O2's mark-up on some handsets seems to be an inflexible, immovable "pay our price or go elsewhere", I see this appearing when trying to order through my normal reseller channel for Upgrade and Contract Renewal:

20**Personal info** 18_43_42-Checkout _ Mobile Phones Direct.png

This only visible when you attempt to Checkout from Mobile Phones Direct today.

The other option is a reseller who uses DPD, and I know DPD stopped handling packages to/from Northern Ireland a few days before Christmas - it may have changed by now, I have not checked.

Is O2 imposing similar barriers on orders to addresses in Northern Ireland from O2.co.uk?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

pgn
  • 35240 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Thank you, @TheresaV.
It would be good to know what courier O2 would use - I assume they have a list and check which offers the most chance of the consignment getting to its destination with the minimum of delay.
One reseller uses Royal Mail Recorded Delivery, but another reseller has stopped selling to NI as their courier has stopped accepting consignments between GB and NI at the moment.
This guy is keeping a list of those with carriage issues:
https://twitter.com/uk_domain_names/status/1348350363066372096?s=19
(if you use Twitter...)
Message 11 of 13

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Anytime @pgn slight_smile

I've checked back on this and our main courier is DHL, but depending on what product is ordered, some items are also delivered by Yodel and Royal Mail. However, there are no impacts on delivery to Northern Ireland outside of the current delays. 

Hope this helps slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 13

pgn
  • 35240 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Some of the couriers are getting very inventive with their routes from outside the EU into Northern Ireland:

20**Personal info** 09_52_09-Detailed Tracking and 43 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

Judging by the timings, it is air from Memphis, TN to Stansted GB, then air to Dublin IE, then road to Carrickfergus GB (outside Belfast), then road to me up here in Derry/Londonderry GB (due in the next hour or so).

The joys of an open border Zipped

Message 13 of 13