cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering a pay MonthlY

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i been trying to order a pay monthly phone but it asks for a deposit for a credit check now i am a new customer to O2 as this is my first time getting a pay monthly as i am on pay and go but what i don't understand is it's let my husband order his phone ad it didn't ask him for a deposit can someone help me on some advice please.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous I would wait a few days, then either call customer service (don't try to do this via Live Chat), or if you have an O2 store nearby, going in and trying again to do it there, which would probably be your best option. Whichever way you try, there will still be a credit check and most likely a deposit required for you to take a monthly contract. You can check your credit rating for free these days with sites like Experian, or Clearscore, or Noddle. If they show that your credit rating isn't strong enough, then you may just have to stick with Pay & Go for a little while longer. You'd find this to be the case with any mobile network provider.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Is your husband already an O2 Pay Monthly customer? If so, he wouldn't be subject to a deposit or credit check. As you are currently a Pay & Go customer seeking to get a Pay Monthly contract for the first time you will be asked for a deposit and credit check. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. Every new customer is different. Your credit rating could be different to your husbands for any number of reasons. Many new people pay a deposit for the phone when taking out a first contract. If you make sure you pay all your bills on time for the first 3 months O2 will return your deposit to the account you paid it from.. Hope all goes well for you 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to order y contract pone through my husband bank account and it keeps asking for a deposit this is what we can't understand as it done it for him but wants a credit check for me then he tried to do it through my bank account and still asks me for a credit check of a deposit.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's because i tried to do it through my husband account as he ordered his phone straight away but when he tries to order it with his bank details its asks for a credit check so he then tried it with my bannk details and it still asked ofr a deposit for a credit check but my husband has never been a py monthly hes alwasy been on pay and go like me thats what has confused us both.

Message 5 of 11

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Your husband trying to add a second contract to his would most likely be what triggered a deposit request. I'm a little confused by what you mean when you say your husband tried to do it through your bank account?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its because he put some of his money into my ccount to try and see if it was just his account that they was asking for a deposit but when he put the money into my account and then put my bank details in it asked me for a deposit and i have never had any other contracted phones from my bank account.

Message 7 of 11

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

As I said, if you never had a contract before, it will ask for a deposit and credit check. You were trying to do too many things at the same time and the system flagged it. Just putting money into an account once will not give you a good credit check.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know its because i was unsure why it was asking me for a deposit and not my husband the deposit don't bother me i just didn't know why it asked me and not my husband.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The decisions are made by a computer based on criteria set by o2.
No one on here knows what those criteria are I'm afraid.
Everything a person applies it checks their credit history and a number of other factors.
The fact that 2 applications were made from one account would almost certainly be the reason in this case.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11