Did you mean: 

Ordering Replacement SIM Online

JEagles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I could really use some help.

My old Samsung Galaxy S5 recently stopped charging, as the USB port is damaged through many years of wear & tear. A friend has kindly loaned me a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, which he dropped off today. However, it requires a nano SIM & I only have a micro SIM.

With only 13% battery left on my S5, I called 202 twice, to order a new SIM & both times the automated assistant ended the call, before I was able to speak to anyone or order a new SIM. I now have less than 5% battery on my S5 & can't afford to waste it making another pointless call.

Unable to order a replacement SIM through the website, I am now without a working phone & have no other way of staying in touch with family & friends. Is anyone able to offer any advice or assistance? I know these are problematic times for all, but I would really appreciate any help with gettinga nano SIM.

Many thanks in advance,

JEagles

PS - Please move this post to another section of the forum, if I've posted in the incorrect section; thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

get any sim from a supermarket, any network and use the adapter for your sim that you presently have

sim card.jpg

Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@JEagles If your current sim has perforations you can just pop out the nano sim as per the pic posted by @jonsie 

If you need phone access, you can download Skype and buy credit to make inexpensive local calls.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA256/how-do-i-get-a-skype-number

You can also use Skype to call any of the O2 0800 numbers for free

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

JEagles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, thanks for replying. I'm currently self-isolating & unable to get supermarkets to deliver. I'm not sure how an adaptor for a new sim would help reduce the size of my micro sim to fit a nano sim slot; could you explain further, please?
Message 4 of 7

JEagles
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino 

Thank you for replying.  Unfortunately, my sim does not have perforations, so unable to reduce size that way.

I was unaware of free calls to O2 from Skype, so will give that a go tomorrow.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions
@JEagles Glad to help re Skype.
Sorry I couldn't help with your sim. There are ways to get it to the correct size if you Google it, but that would be your decision.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

JEagles
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino Not a problem, I still appreciate the reply & suggestions.  I managed to get a SIM cutter from a friend of a friend who lives nearby & everything seems to be working ok.

Thanks again for the help.  Stay safe & take care.

Message 7 of 7