cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status In Progress - Delivery due today?

Darossi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all

Yesterday I completed an upgrade/recontract including a new handset as my iPhone is on it's last legs. I've been out of contract for a while so am jumping a few models ahead!

When I ordered, it was 'next day delivery' if you order before midnight - which I did.  I got a bunch of emails confirming the contract deal, the device plan etc etc and was told delivery would be beteen 8am and 10pm the next day (aka today) and I would get an email when it is dispatched.

I've never had any 'dispatch' email and it's now almost 3pm on what should be the delivery day.  There's no tracking number or anything when I log in and look at 'my orders' - It just says 'In Progress'.

I'm slightly concerned that this will not arrive today which would be an bit of an issue for me. I spoke to O2 a couple of times and have been told by various staff:

• The order status will be updated within 45 minutes
  • The phone will be with you today
  • We can't guarantee it will be with you today
  • It's waiting for a courier to pick it up
  • It has not been completed
  • We cannot call the fulfillment centre, we can only send them an email
  • We don't even know where the fulfilment centre is

All I wanted to know if it it was feasible that the handset would arrive today.  If it is sat at a fulfilment centre then depending on where that location is, I could take a guess about whether or not is would be likely to get to me today (i.e. if the fulfilment centre is in Scotland, it's not likely to get to me today) - but nobody seems to know.

Has anybody experienced a delivery of a new handset on the expected delivery date despite their order showing as 'in progress'? Or did you see the order status change on the day delivery was due and for it to still arrive?

My phone only stays on for a few minutes now without charge so I'm really desparate for this replacement as it's needed for work etc. If I had known that next-day delivery would mean possibly not getting the handset the next day, I might have opted for store pickup instead but it's too late now.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Darossi 

Dispatch emails go out the night before delivery, so if you didn't get one by around 7.00pm last night, it won't be delivered today. Your tracking details will also be on the dispatch email http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-track-your-order but to me, it sounds like it's out of stock.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Darossi
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to add to the above, the £100 upfront payment I made was taken last night and I have received a bunch of docs (phone plan, credit agreement etc).

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Darossi 

Dispatch emails go out the night before delivery, so if you didn't get one by around 7.00pm last night, it won't be delivered today. Your tracking details will also be on the dispatch email http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-track-your-order but to me, it sounds like it's out of stock.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Darossi Don't hold your breath. There's every chance that the phone isn't even in stock. O2's stock reporting isn't live

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Darossi
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply.  Would O2 have known that it wouldn't be delivered today if they knew I didn't get an email by 7pm last night? Because none of the O2 staff I have spoken to today have mentioned that.  Its besides the point really as I didn't order until around 9pm, but when I ordered it said you can order up to midnight for next day delivery, with orders before 11pm being delivery next day between 8am and 10pm and orders after 11pm only being delivery between 6pm and 10pm.

They did also confirm that it is in stock.  One of the people I spoke to today said it was waiting to be picked up by a courier....

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You'll most likely get the dispatch email tonight and it'll be delivered tomorrow.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good luck but as said, until you receive a despatch email, you won't get a delivery. You will then have a tracking number and should get a text from the couriers with a time slot.

Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Not sure how they knew it was in stock unless they went and looked themselves - o2 have no live stock system!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8