cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online payment unsuccessful..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and knows what to do..

I've been trying to place an upgrade order for an iPhone 6+ for the past few days and I simply cannot get past the payment section on the website, all I get is "Your payment has not been successful", I have tried different cards(debit and credit), different computers, different web browser, I've called the bank and card company and there are no problems on their side.. The online chat wasn't very helpful nor was calling o2. I can't place the order at my nearest o2 store until the next pre-orders have been fulfilled so I dont know what else I could try really..

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Scratch that....

One-off payment can be made by any of the following methods: Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit, American Express.

Wrong card then? Though I thought Maestro was out of the equation also?....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Scratch that....

One-off payment can be made by any of the following methods: Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit, American Express.

Wrong card then? Though I thought Maestro was out of the equation also?....

Maestro are defunct now so who knows?

Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes I have seen on a couple of other threads that Maestro can't be used...

Anyway...you are spot on with the card...the OP can't use it as its Amex..... it is obviously getting to the section of processing payment...and grinds to a halt...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm that's odd because Amex is one of the payment options on the website..In any case I have also tried with a Visa card(Barclays Direct Debit) and that was a no go either, it gets past barclays' security page then fails on o2's website..

Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Must be an issue with O2's payment processing aspect of the website.
A similar issue has been reported earlier by people trying to order the Moto 360......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last time I called I was taken through the whole process over the phone then they simply sent me a link to pay online :S 

Is it even possible to pay over the phone?

Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Yes, bills can be paid on phone.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 19 of 19