cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online banking issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tonight I tried to make a payment via Santander and I needed an OTP text message witrh a security code, after the banking timed out waiting for the none existant message, I called the bank only to be told they had sent it, then asked to reboot my phone and try again which I did, no better. Been waiting 20 minutes and still no text, what are you doing O2?  This is not the first time either!  Not a good service...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are usual texts coming thro ok.

Check your service status by inputting your post code.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Are you using the normal SMS app or Tugo?
I only ask as Tugo cannot take text messages from shortcodes which banks usually use.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any luck?
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever get a fix / resolution for this?

I too use Santander and have got the same problem - worked fine up until about 4 weeks ago.  Bank are adamant codes are being sent but not arriving.

Nothing to do with status as full signal and all other texts coming through just fine.  I havent altered any settings on my phone so no idea why this has started happening

02 - have you any suggestions beyond checking status?

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum,

We are all customers here like you apart from two site managers Toby and Chiara.

For an official answer perhaps contact customer services.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Some phones have a spam folder for sms messages so there is a possibility that any short codes could be considered as spam and diverted into that folder instead of your normal inbox....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7