cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Upgrade Payment

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am having an issue trying to upgrade online and wondered if anyone has had a similar issue. I was able to upgrade my wife's account fine using my bank card however when I try to do mine it is saying the payment did not go through and try again. I have rang my bank in case they had blocked it due to fear of fraud but they have said they can see the first payment however there has been no attempt at further payments. O2 customer services are saying it is my bank. I have tried with a different card but I get the same error. Both o2 chat and phone have sent me a link to pay but that is simply the same as doing myself online and gives the same error. I have been on a few times with customer care, each time an hour hold to know avail. Does anyone have any tips of what to do?
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Not all online deals are available in store but best option is to give them a call or pop in. You can't unfortunately upgrade online and pay in-store I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You aren't the first to have problems upgrading online however it seems strange that one would go through without problem. Why can customer service not take payment over the phone rather than sending you back to the website I wonder? Possibly try online again tomorrow?

Message 2 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 payments not working twice in a row, now there's a thing! slight_frown

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I had first tried yesterday and was advised to wait 24 hours and try again but same problem. Customer services tried the payment but they were just doing it through the online side at their end and got the same error and said it was the bank so rang the bank again, was told the same that there wasn't an attempt to take a payment. All they could see was yesterday's one for my wife's account. Tried a different card again while on to customer services who said there must be an issue with that bank too. Would I be able to pay in store and still upgrade online? If not are in store contracts the same as online?
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Not all online deals are available in store but best option is to give them a call or pop in. You can't unfortunately upgrade online and pay in-store I'm afraid.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. Do you know if they will take cash in store? If there is an issue with my bank card I can still take cash out
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes they take cash no problem but to be honest they use an entirely different payment system so you probably won't have an issue with your card.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's great thanks. Will give them a call tomorrow to see if they match the online offer
Message 8 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Let us know how you get on, I don't know why O2 payments are so difficult to make.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, went in to a store today and was able to do the upgrade with no issues. Same deal as online. Must compliment the in store employee who carried it out. Very quick and painless. Thanks for the help here
Message 10 of 12