cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Payment made but isn't recognised?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have recently had an iphone 5 on contract, this is the first time I have been on contract and so am new to it all. This is what I am shown when I log into o2;

What you've paid, what's due, and when.

Bill date

28th November 2012

Payment due on

12th December 2012

Latest bill amount

£42.32

Balance*

£42.32

Next bill date

28th December 2012

* Billed amount less any payments received

I have had the phone since tuesday and had receved an email from o2 saying that my bill was ready. I noticed I was able to make a payment, which I did today for the full amount of £42.32. The payment shows up in my payment history and has been taken from my bank account. However the payment has not been recognised on the bill summary. Any ideas on when or if It will show up or whether I have just paided and will have to pay again on the 12th of december when the Direct debit will come out?

FYI: I made a payment as I am going to be needing spending money on the 11th of December and so wanted to pay whilst I had the spare money.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your bill summary is static - this means it doesn't change once your bill has been created. It's just the amount your bill came to last month.

Your payment should reflect on your account Balance within 24 hours of making a payment. Your balance is how much you have left to pay of this month's bill.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your bill summary is static - this means it doesn't change once your bill has been created. It's just the amount your bill came to last month.

Your payment should reflect on your account Balance within 24 hours of making a payment. Your balance is how much you have left to pay of this month's bill.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke to an O2 guru and they told me that if I pay my bill now, then my direct debit will still be taken with the full amount stated on my bill on the 10th?

Message 3 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I just spoke to an O2 guru and they told me that if I pay my bill now, then my direct debit will still be taken with the full amount stated on my bill on the 10th?

Yes it will, it's too late to stop it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

If you have made the payment, one solution would be to suspend the direct debit for one month through your bank account as long as you remember to reinstate it as soon as possible afterwards.

Message 5 of 5