cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online 35 Iphone 3G

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got myself on the 18 month contract of this,

simple question when im out and about in hotspots of the cloud is it free to roam the net or is there a limit i suspect there is some form of limit?

Cheers to anyone who helps slight_smile
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
For 'The Cloud' Hotspots specifically, theres no limit...

There probably is a limit somewhere buried under the T&C's but its so big, you'd have to be doing some extreme downloading to get any attention noticed.

So my advice, dont worry, browse away grin
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quality, the only reason im worried is because its o2 so i could be stung at any time really, when i used my ipod touch when i was out and about obviously i wouldnt be able to be charged from anyone but then i wasnt able to access the cloud when i was out due to not having a login or anything, and ive not actually been in the area of a cloud network again yet but when i do is there a username and login i need to enter for it to connect me?

Cheers
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a quick reply, there are no usage limits like the other guy said, remember WiFi is technicaly using a LAN connection not Data, so its much cheaper, this is one of the reasons you tube is only available over WiFi cause streaming uses download still. Use it to your hearts content
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a quick reply, there are no usage limits like the other guy said, remember WiFi is technicaly using a LAN connection not Data, so its much cheaper, this is one of the reasons you tube is only available over WiFi cause streaming uses download still. Use it to your hearts content

So where exactly would i be charged for using the net on iphone then? grin grin
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
when you go abroad, or if you download something chargeable, like a song from itunes grin
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

So where exactly would i be charged for using the net on iphone then? grin grin

If for instance, you are on an Edge/ GPRS Network and your trying to watch reruns of eastenders on iPlayer for 10 hours non stop! wink
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have never had 1 person come back and say they have been charged for usage other than roaming abroad, its way too hard to go over the fair usage in UK, but enjoy it, its a great phone, still prefer my blackberry, but thats a personal choice slight_smile
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was on a bus today going along the street and of course the 3G symbol came up so when im browsing on that does it cost me money as i only thought it was free on the wifi like the cloud and openzone?? :robotindifferent:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, 3g is the optimal network for iphone, it just means you will get a quicker connection, shouls never cost you, I understand the concern as its probably new and you are weary of your usage for internet as I was when I had my first internet phone
Message 10 of 11