cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the past 3 and a half hours I have been unable to use my phone. It says I have signal, it says I have 3G reception but I cannot send texts, phone or use the internet.

This wouldn't be so bad but this happens every day from Monday to Friday, usually between the hours of 12:00-14:30 but today for some reason its lasted longer.

I'm sure it is no coincidence that this only happens at my work so this undoubtably has something to do with my location. Other o2 customers at my work are not suffering similar problems so it seems to be an issue with my phone.

I have spoke to o2 about this over live chat twice and over the phone once and they have still not resolved this issue which has been going on since mid April.

This is totally unacceptable.

I don't pay a contract every month for me not to be able to use my phone for 2 and a half hours a day (at least) only for o2 to not make any attempt to fix the issue.

Your customer service is horrific. I can only assume that since you have got into bed with Capita that this service will only get worse.

Resolve my issue o2. I am running out of patience with you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's possible you could use the consumer Sale of Goods Act, 1979, to your advantage here. It sounds as though your service is not as described and not fit for purpose.

I'd go to an O2 store and ask for a loan phone and for them to send t for investigation.

If it's not resolved, then I would write to O2 and state your issue and give them 14 days to respond. Send it recorded delivery, so you have proof of delivery. If you have no answer, then I would look at cancelling your contract and returning the phone to them.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think sending the phone off for investigation will work as it appears to be location based.

Does anyone else on O2 have the same problem at your work?have you used the O2 Status checker to determine if there is a problem with the mast at your work when this is happening? How long has it been happening for?

What phone do you have? Have you tried switching flight mode on and off when this happens to see if it makes a difference?

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know its not the phone as I have renewed my contract recently and the issue has carried over from the old phone. Both were Iphone 4S's. If I wasn't getting a discount through my work I would not have gone with o2 again.

The guy that sits across from me has the same phone with o2 and doesn't have any issues. I have tried turning it off, switching to flight mode, removing sim card - even before suggested to do so by technical support.

O2 have checked the area and say there isn't any issues. The problem started around mid April. They said they were sending me out a new sim which I still haven't received and that was few weeks ago.

The thought of going onto live chat or talking to someone on the phone about it again for them to just repeat what the previous people have said is depressing me into the ground.

I know that it is a location issue as my phone usually works fine when at home I just don't understand why its affecting my phone and no ones else's. Everytime I speak to someone they just go through all the same steps as the last one until they run out of idea's then try to palm me off to another department.

I'm taking it into the shop at the weekend so I can actually speak to someone face to face. I just think its totally unacceptable that I lose around 2 and a half hours of service from Monday to Friday and the vibe I'm getting from any o2 technical support when they run out of routes to fix it is that its just something I'm going to have to accept as part of my contract. Not one of them has gone that bit extra to resolve my issue. They just seem to want to get me off the phone when they run out of ideas on how to fix it.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried your colleagues SIM in your phone? Or even your SIM in his phone?

If O2 wont send you a SIM just get one from a shop, any shop that sells them, and check when you're next in work if you still have the problem.

From memory someone else on this forum had the same problem but they lost their signal when they got close to their home. I'm not sure if they ever got a fix for it...or if they ever came back. I'll go take a look for that thread!

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thinking. I'll check swapping sims when he gets back from lunch. Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the thread, but the person never came back!

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Strange-problem/td-p/482420

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good thinking. I'll check swapping sims when he gets back from lunch. Thanks for the help.

How did you get on with swapping the sims?

Message 8 of 8