Did you mean: 

OnePlus 5T screen burn in - need advice

Sedalin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,
I have a OnePlus 5T device. Phone is year old (so still under warranty) and I've just found out that there are areas of the screen where burn in occured (faded icons and bars visible on light backgrounds). I'm with O2 for many years now and had few different phones over years - none of them had that issue before and each and every of them has been used the same way as this one. Don't have any device insurance as never ever needed one - I've never broken a phone. Now I'm looking for advice as due to my work I am really unable to have no phone (sending for repair can take weeks) at all and loan non smartphones from O2 are of no use for me as I need maps and apps for work. Shall I just live with those marks on screen or anyone have any advice what else I could do/discuss with O2? The whole case is probably dead end as it's 'send for repair' or 'don't do it's and pay for phone with damaged screen' but maybe somebody smarter than me will have something to say...

Thanks
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Best of luck @Sedalin

Going to OnePlus is certainly the lesser of two evils. wink

joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 26

Sedalin
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I've contacted OnePlus today. They were very kind and polite and whatnot. Only problem is they couldn't help me at all as 'because O2 is unofficial partner the device have to be sent for a repair by O2. OnePlus absolutely does not cover their products under warranty if they're not bought from OnePlus.net'. Sounds really dodgy to me but there's not much I can really do. Either repair through O2 (they probably gonna say burnt in screen is not covered by warranty) or paid repair via OnePlus. Really liked all my previous OP devices but I think it's time to say goodbye when contract ends...
Message 22 of 26

MI5
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Unfortunately, as expected.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

That's a real shame @Sedalin

Real poor customer service from OnePlus! I can't see how they can only give a 2 year warranty 'if bought directly from them?!

Completely different to Samsung who usually  honour the 2 year warranty regardless.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 26

Sedalin
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yep. Was weird to me as well. Had similar situation with faulty Lenovo PC I've bought in Curry's few years back. Difference was when I've contacted Lenovo they told me that I can go to Currys so they can send for a repair or deal with Lenovo directly and replace it for working one. They've left choice to me and that was amazing customer service.

Manufacturer warranty offered only when bought directly from them sounds dodgy. O2 being 'unofficial' partner sounds even more dodgy...
Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
That does sound rather odd
Message 26 of 26