Did you mean: 

OnePlus 5T screen burn in - need advice

Sedalin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,
I have a OnePlus 5T device. Phone is year old (so still under warranty) and I've just found out that there are areas of the screen where burn in occured (faded icons and bars visible on light backgrounds). I'm with O2 for many years now and had few different phones over years - none of them had that issue before and each and every of them has been used the same way as this one. Don't have any device insurance as never ever needed one - I've never broken a phone. Now I'm looking for advice as due to my work I am really unable to have no phone (sending for repair can take weeks) at all and loan non smartphones from O2 are of no use for me as I need maps and apps for work. Shall I just live with those marks on screen or anyone have any advice what else I could do/discuss with O2? The whole case is probably dead end as it's 'send for repair' or 'don't do it's and pay for phone with damaged screen' but maybe somebody smarter than me will have something to say...

Thanks
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Unfortunately one plus are as difficult to deal with as o2!

That’s unfortunate to find out. Do they use the same repairs people or are they in house?

Message 11 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's customer service that's difficult.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 26

Sedalin
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 - sounds like there's no easy (or even semi easy) thing I could do. I'll try to sort something out with OnePlus customer service but not counting on much help. Thanks for cheering up 😅
Message 13 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Best of luck mate..... I fear you will be needing it!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 26

Sedalin
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. It's not end of the world, just a little bit annoying. I'll try to sort it out through OnePlus but I have a bad feeling about this too...
Message 15 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Let us know how you get on please.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 26

Sedalin
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 sure thing mate. I'm going to make photos of screen tomorrow and contact OnePlus. Will get back once they reply.
Message 17 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Sedalin Whatever the outcome from OnePlus, it couldn't be worse than what you'd get if you sent it off to O2 Repairs. A search of the forum would be ample proof of that. Good luck.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 18 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best of luck @Sedalin

Going to OnePlus is certainly the lesser of two evils. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket