cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One week and truly awful customer experience!

LeeA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good Evening All,

I’ve recently mitigated several mobile contracts across to O2 from one of their competitor after enduring several years of extremely high call failures and remaining loyal why they assured me they technical team were aware and resolving a known issue with my local mask.
Last week I served notice and approached O2 and was clear on my what I was looking for, one main telephone contract with a secondary data contract that would allow me to share data from my main number across to the secondary data contract. The sales person was very helpful and guided me through the process with assurances that once my telephone numbers had ported across and the numbers fully set up they we able to set up the sharing part of the contract.
Both numbers were ported across and went live earlier this week however after numerous telephone calls into O2 customer services we have managed to ascertain that the contracts have not been set up correctly and data sim contract was has accidentally been set up as the sharing contract rather than my main telephone contract. After trying to reach the right department to resolve the problem having been on hold in numerous queues once reaching the O2 customer service team I was cut off, several calls later I eventually get through and ask to talk to manager and was assured that a manager would call me within 24 hours to discuss the problem, the first request made midday on Friday, and hey presto not call from O2. I called back yesterday afternoon and again after a lengthy period on hold I again asked to talk to manager however this time requested I’ll hold why they put me through only to be advised they are unable to do that as the team are working from home however they can see it is my second request and expressly confirmed that I would receive a call within 24 hours, the customer service advisor even sent a text with a case reference number which I received at 3pm yesterday, over 24 hours later still nothing, so in summary my contracts have not been set up correctly from very beginning, trying to reach the O2 customer support team is like pulling teeth and when to do get through they offer their assurances that they will resolve the problem and a manager will call you and they don’t.
I fail to comprehend how business survive when they treat customers this way! If my business treated our clients the way I’ve been treated we won’t have a business!

O2 customer experience thus far = absolutely disgusting!

I’m paying for god damn data plan I can’t even use!!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@LeeA 

You need to cancel under the chanfe of mind policy https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/our-change-of-mind-policy

How to set up sharer plans here Guide: How to Share Data on O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

LeeA
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5

Thank you and appreciate the response.
I’ll certainly mention this when and if I eventually get to talk to someone.

My concern and real worry here is lack of support and ownership from O2 customer service team!
Message 3 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@LeeA I will tag the O2 online account advisors. Unfortunately they're not on until tomorrow morning, but hopefully one of them will reach out to you with some assistance. One comes on at 8 am, the other at 9am.

@O2Lisa or @O2Georgina can you please help?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 12

LeeA
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Bambino

Thank you very much indeed.
I really appreciate the swift response.

Fingers crossed I get to talk someone who can help me resolve the issue.

Many thanks,
Lee
Message 5 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@LeeA wrote:

My concern and real worry here is lack of support and ownership from O2 customer service team!

All too common these days sadly.

Hope you get sorted soon.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@LeeA Our experience has been that the O2 online advisors have been very helpful (although introduced late to the party because of the pandemic) so with any luck they will be able to resolve your issue. fingers_crossed

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 12

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all wave

thanks for the tag @Bambino, I am sorry to hear this is the experience you've had @LeeA, I'll message you privately so I can take some account details and get this looked in to for you smiling

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

LeeA
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your message.
I have responded and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Lee.
Message 9 of 12

LeeA
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Evening All,

So another 24hours later and still the saga continues.
Lisa via the community team was understanding and helpful to a degree (thank you Lisa).
I was advised to call back and talk to someone in the customer care team and take out two new contracts the port the numbers across, which coincidentally means further credit checks not to mention further inconvenience.
Nonetheless I called in this evening, eventually reached a helpful customer service gentleman who could see the issue and said he would put me through to a Specalist team who have wide scope and greater authority levels to resolve these types of issues. I was put on hold again and in total my call duration was 1 hour 17 minutes only to have the call answered by someone who asked what the problem was then without notice put me through to main switch board again.

What an absolute debacle, does anyone at O2 actually know what they are doing?!
From my experience it’s an absolutely not.
What a joke.
Message 10 of 12