Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On losing the will to live

given-up
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Trying to get any sort of response out of Credit Referrals as to why a refusal for a Pay Monthly account is the ultimate exercise in futility.  Even though my credit record on all the various referral agencies is the highest rating, I get turned down.   The request for a reason is responded with an automatic reply claiming a turnround time in 3 days.   Complaints say that has now been extended to five days.  My initial request was acknowledged on 27 July.   Maybe Credit Referrals are working to a different sort of calendar where days are 144 hours long ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Though won't tell you why even if they do respond @given-up 

You'll get the standard "business policy" response.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

given-up
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, in that case, there are plenty of other networks.  Three springs to mind as an exemplar in terms of customer service.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Trying elsewhere would be my advice too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@given-up 

o2 do not have to offer you an account, (No network does) they also won't tell you why as its built on commercially sensitive policies, but are loosely based on the information received from the likes of CIFAS, the credit reporting bureaus, affordability and other factors. 

This applies to all networks...  

Move on try the other networks or MVNO's

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5