Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

On O2 Unlimited - Being Charged for free calls

Just after some advice. I am on O2 unlimited and get free calls to mates I know on O2, however there is one number that I know is on o2 and I am getting charged.

I phoned customer services who just said that they can see I am being charged but cant do antything about it as the number doesnt look like o2. Which it is, its an iphone that they have been using for about a year.

Anyone know how I can get this sorted, or how to escalate the issue. This is number I call all the time so one of the reasons I joined o2.

cheers guys
Highlighted
Anonymous

sorry mate no idea
Highlighted
Anonymous

The only thing i can suggest is get your mate to ring O2 customer services, explaining that their number isnt recognised as an O2 number. You cannot do this because the adviser would have to go through security with your freind to satisfy the data protection act, this can then be investigated.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi,

having the same problem with my phone. I have moved my t-mobile number over and my wife now gets charged for a 'free' call. Have you manged to resolve and if so how?

Thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

This has also happened to me. My boyfriend recently purchased a new phone and has an O2 sim for use until his old number is transfered. This sim is O2 and my O2 unlimited is charging me for my texts to this number. Does it take a long time to process as an O2 number perhaps?
Highlighted
Anonymous

02 to 02 free help me

HI Declan,
Can you please tell me what tariff you are on , so i can also talk free to my friend on 02 as i am , i have just joined 02 in the last week.
What do i have to do ? who do i ask

Many thanks

Patrick
Highlighted
Topics: 557
Solutions: 3,458

Re: 02 to 02 free help me

HI Declan,
Can you please tell me what tariff you are on , so i can also talk free to my friend on 02 as i am , i have just joined 02 in the last week.
What do i have to do ? who do i ask

O2 unlimited. See link below for more info.

P&G Tariffs
Highlighted
Anonymous

maybe the friend bought a non uk iphone?
Highlighted
Anonymous

the charge has nothing to do whether you are using a UK/o2 iphone/phone or not. is there any chance your friend's # isn't completely transferred to o2?

otherwise take it to an o2 store and see what they say? don't bother calling o2 customers.