3 REPLIES 3

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi @Jack2000,

Happy to help but please can you explain a little further.

Are you moving your number to us from another network? Have you received a replacement sim card and are looking for your old number to be moved across? Have you tried switching the phone off and on again? If you've received a replacement sim card from us and you wish to have your old number on it then you'll need to activate the new sim card first.

You can activate the new sim card using this link https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/activating-your-sim.

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jack2000 You need to do a sim swap: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

If you're concerned about doing it yourself, call into an O2 store if you have one nearby and they'll do it for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jack2000 

The only way to get your number written to your sim is to put your sim in an iPhone and go to Settings >Phone >My Number where you can enter your number and save it.

This will then be written to the sim and will be transferrable to another phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4