cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old account in default or repossession

Anonymous
Not applicable
A few years ago my mother took out a Samsung on a pay monthly contract, she had to use my bank account as she doesn't have a direct debit account. Unfortunately for whatever reason she didn't finish paying the phone off and now my credit score has been affected, I would like to resolve this and pay off the old debt, but how do I go about this? I can't seem to find the information anywhere, thanks in advanced.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous The first thing you have to do is contact customer services. They will have information pertaining to any debt. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous The first thing you have to do is contact customer services. They will have information pertaining to any debt. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You would usually get a letter from a debt collection agency as O2 sell your debt on after a short period of time.
You no longer owe O2 so you need to find out who now owns your debt and pay them to clear it.
Your credit score will be adversely affected for a period of 6 years because of this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

best thing to do is a get a copy of your credit score from experian or equifax and that will highlight where the debt is,m how much and who owns the debt 9/10 times its a company called Llowell that take on mobile phone debt. if o2 have sold it on which more then likley will have then they wont hold any details... 

Message 4 of 5

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome back to the O2 community! It is great to see you posting.

As you know, the O2 community is a group of customers and friends who like to help each other. It is the perfect a place for you to ask other customers like you, but we are not O2 Customer service I am afraid. So please follow @Cleoriff advice and contact customer service. We hope you stay around Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 5