Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,926

Re: Old Tariff 4 for 1 text abraod and blackberry/iphone

Old tariffs ( any tariff where your text allowance is a set figure ie 500, 1200, etc) gives you 4 for1 on roaming SMS and uk mms. Roaming mms on these tariffs are still the old price of 25p. Don't ask me why, they just are.

Are you referring to p&g?
I travel quite a lot and, as recently as 5 weeks ago, I have not been charged 25p for media messages. They still come out of my allowance at the 4:1 ratio on my monthly contract(I am still on a pre-feb 26th tariff)
Highlighted
Anonymous

No, pay monthly. 4 for 1 only covers roaming texts and uk mms, either you are mistaken, or o2 made a mistake, or you are on an even older tariff. It might be worth double checking your online bill.
Highlighted

I have checked back on all my bills and have never been charged for media messages from overseas. Took out Simplicity in Jan 2009 and I send photos to family and friends. I can assure you I would not send these if I paid for them(it's the Scrooge in me!)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Cool, just don't change your tariff Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted

Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

I can tell you that my mms and sms come out of my balance when your abroad and always have done.
I was in the USA last year and all my sms and mms came out of my 1000 allowence.
I was in Ireland the other week and still me sms and mms came out of my 1000 allowence.
Ive asked many questions and have been told that if you upgrade you will be moved onto a new tariff.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Anonymous

darrengf - you must not be on 4 for 1, you can send text abroad for free, picture messages abroad may be chargeable (but its highly unlikely you will be in an area where they charge ) but come out as 4 for 1 if you are in the UK.
Its a pity they no longer do 4 for 1 on new contracts but if you keep your old one rolling on its fine and you keep your 4 for 1
Highlighted

Highlighted
Anonymous

i pretty sure 99% that mms are not included in any current tariffs.
they were abolished at about the same time as 4-1 txt abraod.
Highlighted
Anonymous

i pretty sure 99% that mms are not included in any current tariffs.
they were abolished at about the same time as 4-1 txt abraod.

They're not. However anyone who hasn't changed tariff since 4 for 1 was removed will keep that benefit for as long as they keep their tariff. Unfortunately, due to O2's policy of all upgrades being to new tariffs this means no more upgrades if these customers wish to keep 4 for 1