Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Old Tariff 4 for 1 text abraod and blackberry/iphone

Are the media text free if you are pre feb 2010 along with the 4:1
Highlighted
Anonymous

This is what I thought after speaking to the customer services but not sure why this one person said it was possible. Is it worth speaking to a manager about this

Speaking with a manager wouldn't really do anything, they can't change this and their is no leniency with staying on your old tariff if you upgrade.
The only real way around this would be to stay on your same tariff and buy your own handset. However, if you don't have a web bolt on, you wouldn't be able to get one on your current tariff anymore.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Its more to do with the complaint against the CS rep who has been giving out false information to customers just to get them of the old tariff
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

[ Edited ]
This is the most confusing question that i see in the forum regarding the new tariffs and 4-1 ratio from the old tariff.

this is the information from the o2 website it self on upgrade.

"New tariff information
Important information about your upgrade from Jan 2010.
Please note that we have made some changes to our new tariffs effective from Jan 2010.

Roaming SMS is no longer included in the tariff and the inclusive text allowance can only be used in the UK for text and picture messaging.
Please note any existing allowances or promotional offers you may currently have will not be carried over when you upgrade. This applies to new tariffs and if you choose to upgrade to your current tariff.
The minimum call charge is 10p for calls not forming part of your inclusive allowance."

https://upgrades.o2.co.uk/faq/showFaq.h ... ageCreate1

Now its still not amazining clear but from what i understand. If you updgrade and keep you old tariff, you will loose the 4-1 ratio from abroad. But it seems that mms is still ok.
However as with o2, you can ring many people and you get different answers.

I also think its a complete shame that o2 have stopped this.

The network seems to offer no more inovation with regards to tariffs any more.

The other networks like orange now have a tarriff which has 50 free mms included. Ok you still dont get sms from abroad, but you get your mms back.

Come on o2, give use back the old tariff or let us keep what we currently have
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I agree but roaming text is well worth keeping, you can go on hols and not be worried about texting. I am not that interestedi n MMS, i always though they were free and came out of the x amount of free ones you get
Highlighted

I agree but roaming text is well worth keeping, you can go on hols and not be worried about texting. I am not that interestedi n MMS, i always though they were free and came out of the x amount of free ones you get

I agree with you and yes I also have Roaming SMS and use on a regular basis but like it says. If you upgrade or change you will loose them.

No other network in the uk offers the same system as o2 old system which is a shame.

No your mms always used to come out of your inclusive text allowence, in the uk and abroad again 4 to 1

The reason why o2 have scrapped this is that they say people like to have unlimited sms.

However there new tarrifs are worse value that there old ones as you no longer get as much choice.

You get unlimited sms regardless but now have to pay for data. As there old tariffs you could get 1000 with the tariff and get data for free.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Do you mean if i change anything on my tariff such as change the bolt on etc i will loose my 4:1?
Highlighted

Do you mean if i change anything on my tariff such as change the bolt on etc i will loose my 4:1?

That i cant answer as I cant fine the answer.

But i was told that if you change the tariff or renewed with o2 (new phone) then you loose the benefit.

The problem is that no one in o2 can give a straight answer to this. Ive asked and had people give me different answers all the time.

Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,926

I wrote to the complaint review service seeking a definitive answer and asked them to make clear the policy on this.

It was read at 9am this morning and no reply as yet, although the timescale for a reply is 5 working days.

I also asked them to provide clarity with a link on the O2 home page.
(Not holding my breath)
Highlighted
Anonymous

This is much appreciated as i emailed them several times and in the one email i sent whom was replied by several O2 staff, the final answer was 4:1 < Feb 2010. Anything after is not 4:1 but two CS before that said it was 4:1 always.