Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Old Tariff 4 for 1 text abraod and blackberry/iphone

Hi there

Got some questions hope someone can help me....well the time has come for me to upgrade my mobile and the main reason i choose o2 is because i am cabin crew and use my phone abroad and like the fact u can get the 4 for 1 text abraod etc...

I see tariffs have changed to unlimited texts but now have to pay to text from abroad but if i opt to stay with my old tariff which is an option which is 600 mins and 1200 texts can i still get the 4 for 1 text message abroad which is what i want????

Also with blackberry and iphone on there tariffs do you get free text from abroad??? yes or no??? if not i will just select a normal handset

Sorry for all the questions hope you can help me
Highlighted
Anonymous

ANY change made to your tariff after feb 26th will result in you losing the 4:1 text, irrespective of the phone you choose.....
Highlighted
Anonymous

But i dont want to change tariff i want to keep by old tariff as this is still an option for me....
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, so long as you retain your existing tariff then you will still benefit from 4:1 sms.
Highlighted
Anonymous

For as long as you don't change you'll have 4:1 text so you could keep the old tariff, but unless your on a simplicity sim only your monthly costs will factor in the cost of a non existant handset, so for every month you get the free international texts you end up paying £15 per month more versus the cost of a new sim only option.

None of the providers have tariffs that give the international texts as standard any more, which is a shame but as the current plans are not looking very competetive versus some of o2's rivals, you never know a rethink could be on the cards.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I was told the last week of three people in customer services the exact same thing and my girlfriend works on a cruise ship that travels around the world. She uses the 4:1 and was told of CS that if she changes she will lose the 4:1 offer. Today she phoned up again to request a microsime transfer and soemone called Mark (i also have CS details) said that because she pays £35 a month there is some international tariff already on her account which is free because of the amount she pays. This means she can change to any iphone tariff (aslong as she is £35 min) and keep the 4:1.

I mentioned to him the fact that other CS people said that the 4:1 no longest exists on new tariffs but he said this is not true and has been selling them with 4:1 for years now!

I called again later tonight but after 36 mins waiting in a queue i gave up
Highlighted
Anonymous

I was told the last week of three people in customer services the exact same thing and my girlfriend works on a cruise ship that travels around the world. She uses the 4:1 and was told of CS that if she changes she will lose the 4:1 offer. Today she phoned up again to request a microsime transfer and soemone called Mark (i also have CS details) said that because she pays £35 a month there is some international tariff already on her account which is free because of the amount she pays. This means she can change to any iphone tariff (aslong as she is £35 min) and keep the 4:1.
I mentioned to him the fact that other CS people said that the 4:1 no longest exists on new tariffs but he said this is not true and has been selling them with 4:1 for years now!
I called again later tonight but after 36 mins waiting in a queue i gave up

You were given the wrong information. On some tariffs, usually 600 minute or more you get international travellers service for free, which usually reduces your call rates to/from abroad. It doesn't affect texts from abroad though. You are charged between 11-40p per text messages depending where you are.
Highlighted
Anonymous

This is what I thought after speaking to the customer services but not sure why this one person said it was possible. Is it worth speaking to a manager about this
Highlighted
Topics: 575
Solutions: 3,920

If you change tariff you will lose 4:1 texts from overseas and you will have to pay for texts and media messages when roaming. You will also pay 20p per media message in the UK.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks you for the post.

SPAMMER --- FLAGGED