Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old SIM on 5G

Qball
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just ordered a new S20 Ultra,I'm currently on a O2 pay monthly SIM deal and have been for the last couple of year,the nano SIM I currently have is from around 2014 from my last contract,will this work in my new S20 or will O2 send me a new SIM out with the phone as the S20 is 5G.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Qball 

You usually get a new sim with a new device, though  your old one will work in it for the time being.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Qball
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I spoke with a gentleman from O2 earlier after many attempts and he couldn't give me a direct answer if my old SIM would work or even if the new phone would come with a new SIM. fingers crossed it will work for the time being untill I can get a new up to date SIM ordered if the new phone fails to be supplied with one!
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It will work fine but obviously won't pick up 5g. You can swap later when the mayhem dies down.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4