cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old SIM card not working now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so my dad has been using my sisters old blackberry for a few months however he has just broken the screen beyond repair. Tried to move the old sim across to another old phone but it is not recognised. Tried 2 different phones but no luck. Would mind as long as my dad had the same number but can't swap it as you need the activation code but your SIM card has to be accepted by the phone before u can receive the code.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok so my dad has been using my sisters old blackberry for a few months however he has just broken the screen beyond repair. Tried to move the old sim across to another old phone but it is not recognised. Tried 2 different phones but no luck. Would mind as long as my dad had the same number but can't swap it as you need the activation code but your SIM card has to be accepted by the phone before u can receive the code.

Any ideas?

Has your dad used / topped up the sim card within the last 6 months to keep it activated ?

I would suggest he contacts 02 on ;

From your O2 mobile444525p per call
From a landline0844 809 02225p / min*

They will be able to look over his account and re activate it if possible.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey yes he has in fact I topped it up for him a week or 2 ago and he he uses it regularly
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case use the contact info I supplied in my first reply to have the account re activated.

Hope all goes well.

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Are you sure the phones he is trying the sim in are unlocked or O2 phones?

It could be that the sim card is damaged in which case the best option would be to call in your local O2 store and get it replaced. They will also check the sim for you.

Message 5 of 5