Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered new deal and a free phone

Swampydog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a call from 02, or someone saying it was 02, offering a free Samsung s22 or iPhone 14pro as I had 2 sims from them.

I had many emails from them while on the phone but was told to ignore them and only take note of the ones from 02 upgrades which said there was no charge.

Yes,  if something is for free there is usually a catch, especially when cold-called. 

However, being a Virgin and 02 customers, there have been many promotions of late.

I now notice I am being charged for these.

After over an hour using chat, and speaking with a manager I was told it wasn't 02 I had been dealing with, and that the emails were not from 02.

Very elaborate scam if it wasn't  02 as why would I receive a new phone (albeit not the one I asked for) the very next day and my bills be modified to reflect this? 

Some very underhand practices being used!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7130 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

There are a number of scams

This sounds to me as if it was one of O2's Trusted (that's a laugh) partners 

No one is giving free S22s and as for the iPhone 14 pro which is in short supply, absolutely no way.

If you have just got the phone and contract I would, first of all, cancel under the 14 day rule

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2