cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer to upgrade to refresh but unable to take out a simplicity tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm thinking about doing this 'refresh' thing. I have the offer of paying just a little over £100 to get onto refresh. They say that when I do I can get a new phone, but I have a near new phone anyway so I want to keep it. But it says that I can't take out a simplicity tariff and have to wait until mid March next year!

Surely if I'm paying up my contract to go onto something else, I'm entitled to choose whatever kind of contract I want otherwise why would I want to pay O2 a lump sum only to have no freedom?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You could pay it up and drop onto a sim only tariff if you want.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You could pay it up and drop onto a sim only tariff if you want.
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Hi foxgamer and welcome.
If you are already on a refresh tariff, all you need to do is pay off the amount owed on your device plan, this then leaves you free to choose whatever airtime contract you want.
You can continue to pay the current airtime tariff portion of your contract, choose to leave O2 completely, or change your tariff to any of the simo contracts that are offered by O2.
The choice is entirely yours.....
Let us know if you need any more info please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 - As I said, I'm not currently on refresh. I have the option to go onto it. That's where the confusion lay, but @Anonymous answered that for me. That's exactly what I was hoping I would be able to do. I like O2, but need to reduce my outgoings. Thanks slight_smile

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yeah, OK, I wasn't sure when you said " doing this 'refresh' thing" if it was already there and you wanted to invoke it or not.....
However, paying £100 to get out of contract is kind of dead money. You are basically giving away all the allowances that you have between now and the end of the contract and you can't go onto refresh without taking a new phone first, so I guess what was been advised was to stay as you are until March then just drop to a simo contract at a cheaper rate....
It's whatever works for you at the end of the day slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

The offer for you to move from "standard" contract to refresh includes a 25% discount, that will not apply if you decide to go on simplicity.You can still pay your contract off but no discounts will apply, so it will be your line rental x the number of months left on your contract.Hope this helps.:smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome @Anonymous

I hope which avenue you choose pans out for you.
Message 7 of 7