Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ofcom response to O2

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

It's not online yet, but Ofcom have released a statement saying O2 are not in breach of any regulations with respect to their most recent price increase.

That'll surely annoy a few keyboard warriors.

It's in the Mobile Today edition released on 7th Feb, so will probably be on www.mobiletoday.co.uk fairly soon.

ewan

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think it's been said O2 are in breach.

But that they have not entered into the spirit of the ruling etc.

People are going to be upset even though the rise is minimal.

I was looking in O2's shop catalogue yesterday and theirs nearly half a page explaining it all and about the rises that can be applied each April.
Message 2 of 22

ewanrw
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
From reading the article, I'm not so sure there was any intention of "spirit".

Seems all they wanted was for clearer regulations around in contract price rises. Not sure O2 could get any clearer now!

ewan
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing about the other call charges way way over inflation then
Message 4 of 22

ewanrw
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

Nothing in the regs to stop the networks increasing/decreasing/changing them any way they want.

ewan

Message 5 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Certainly does unless the increase in call charges is to try and recover some debt
Message 7 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Whichever, it will have been well (or not!) thought about and a business strategic decision.
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah you can just imagine all the top brass sitting round the table working out how to fiddle the customers
Message 9 of 22

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@ewanrw wrote:

It's not online yet, but Ofcom have released a statement saying O2 are not in breach of any regulations with respect to their most recent price increase.

That'll surely annoy a few keyboard warriors.

Yep, seems like the nail in the coffin of any of our hopes to seek redress from OFCOM or the ombudsman.  I have yet to have a reply from the ombudsman myself, but the way things are looking at the thread over on moneysavingexpert it seems like the "old boys club" have decided to club together and tell punters to get stuffed.

I'll have to resign myself to paying the extra and leaving o2 at the first possible opportunity (just 22 months to go!)

Very sad.  I joined o2 with such optimism, and now feel very jaded at an organisation which clearly doesn't give a stuff about it's customers - still no official response on this forum regarding the price hike, little to no official representation on this forum at all, noticably worse call quality and data sepeeds in Stoke and the surrounding area than even two months ago!  I remember a friend telling me about the o2 of old - the one that called him whenever he exceeded his allowances and offered to uplift him to a new tarrif and backdate it for the month, a company which he said he would never leave.  That company seems to be dead.

Other networks are offering inclusive roaming and making communication abroad cheaper for everyone - o2 are doing a complete 360 and making communicating abroad more expensive.

Message 10 of 22