cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd situation - do O2 want to keep customers?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am in a slightly odd situation with O2..

I have got 5 months left of my "O2 100" (£25/month) contract. At the moment I'm using an LG phone, but I want to switch to using a sim-free BlackBerry phone that I have.

My first thought was to get a BlackBerry bolt-on added to my current tariff, but apparently that's not possible because my tariff is "old" and can't have bolt-ons added(?!)

My next thought was, OK I'll pay £125 (£25 x 5) to buy myself out of my current tariff, and then get O2 to switch me to one of their BlackBerry Simplicity plans. Apparently this is not possible either: I can buy out the rest of my contract and leave O2 entirely, but unless I want to get an iPhone it is not possible to buy out of my contract AND switch to a different tariff with O2, unless I start again from scratch as if I was a first-time customer.

This strikes me as odd.. you would think O2 would want to retain customers. Either way I have to pay for the rest of my contract, but if they won't let me make an easy switch straight on to another O2 contract, obviously I will consider tariffs from all the other networks once I have paid off O2, and there is only a small chance I would choose O2 again.

Anyone else have any experience of anything like this? Any way to get around it? I would prefer to stay with O2 (that is stay with them, not have to cancel and then re-join), because it is a bother taking out a new contract, having to get the number transferred etc., but O2 don't seem to be interested. Thanks
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85248 Posts
  • 591 Topics
  • 4462 Solutions
Do you now hold the world record for 'moderations'?
A slip of the finger grin
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you now hold the world record for 'moderations'?
A slip of the finger grin

I am sure they are having some fun with me. Although, I write from the heart, I don't check it for compliance.... that is not my job. wink
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the o2 100 a 12 month contract?
Message 13 of 13