Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2TRAVEL not working in Canada

b12bandit
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Arriving in Canada I got a text from O2 saying ‘Welcome to Canada’ and offering O2 travel at £4.99 a day. I accepted.
A week later and nothing is working. I have 5 bars of signal on the Bell network and 3G but my phone will not work without WiFi.
We’ve tried all the usual stuff - switching it off and on again. Turning mobile roaming off and on again etc. Even my kids have tried to sort it. Nothing. Trying to contact O2 to fix it has also proved impossible. Seems I’m paying £4.99 a day for nothing. Help! Any advice would be much appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@b12bandit

You could try searching for another network and see if that helps. It often fixes the issue

Otherwise calling O2 customer services again and getting someone who knows what they are doing is your only hope.

Many like you have had problems with O2 travel particularly in the US and Canada this year. I know there is a time difference but 8am UK time is the best time to call. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Free number when abroad if on contract

From abroad+44 3448090202Free†

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@b12banditJust to add, if you are only using WiFi at present, then you won't be charged £4.99 a day. (if you make sure mobile data/ data roaming is switched off

If the issue isn't resolved then you need to ring O2 on your return and ask for a refund as you paid for a service they failed to provide

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ify you have an iphone try going into network settings ad change the APN to mobile.o2.co.uk. If that's not the problem then you will have to contact customer service to make sure ther are no roaming bars on the account.

Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @b12bandit, I was wondering if you had made any progress with this since you last posted slight_smile Is it all sorted now or do you need some more help?

Enjoy your time in Canada! snowflake

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5