Did you mean: 

O2 won't remove phone bar

rd00102
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I have been with O2 for a number of years now with no major issues. Sadly, my phone got stolen and I must say that I have experienced one of the worst customer service and my issue is still unresolved which is extremely frustrating.

I called O2 customer service as soon as I realized it was gone to report it stolen - I was advised that my sim was blocked and I can order a replacement that can arrive in 1-3 working days or I can pop in store to get one straight away. As I am going through a house move and I desperately need to be contacted on that number I decided to go in-store. They give me a replacement and tell me it takes up to 24h for the sim card to work. 

Next day my phone still doesn't work. I call customer service and they advise they see absolutely no issue with my sim and it should be activated. They tell me I should pop back in store or re-order a sim. I go to the store and they tell me that the issue is not with my sim but that I have a bar on my number . They asked me to call customer service to remove it which I do. Customer service tell me again there is no issue with my sim so I go back to the store (at this point it's getting ridiculous!!). 

After speaking to someone on the phone, the guys in store tell me that the bar finally has been removed and it should take a couple of hours for it to work. It's been nearly 24h and I still can't make and receive calls which is absurd! Did anyone else has a similar situation? I really need to have access to that number soon and unsure what to next ...

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@rd00102 

There will be two bars placed when a report of lost or stolen is actioned. One on the SIM and one on the account. 

The SIM bar should be lifted automatically when a new SIM is activated but the account bar won't be. It is the account bar that customer service need to lift for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@rd00102 As we are all customers here all that can be advised is that you keep on at customer service until your account is restored. To save you having to keep going in store you can try calling customer service for free using Skype on 0800 032 1402

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

All other customer service numbers are in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@rd00102 

There will be two bars placed when a report of lost or stolen is actioned. One on the SIM and one on the account. 

The SIM bar should be lifted automatically when a new SIM is activated but the account bar won't be. It is the account bar that customer service need to lift for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
@MI5 is correct. When a customer reports a phone lost/stolen the process is to add a bothway bar and an IMEI bar to the account. Bothway bar blocks the sim and the IMEI bar blocks the phone that the sim is in at the time.

When a sim swap is completed both these bars need to be removed before the new sim will work.

I would suggest calling them to ensure both of these bars have been removed.
Message 4 of 6

Sunita
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same problem now, how long did it take to resolve. Absolutey ridiculous!

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5481 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Sunita 

You have resurrected a thread from July 2020 so it is unlikely that @rd00102 will answer that question. But the other advice above is still good, so you need to contact customer services. 

Message 6 of 6