cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 upgrade help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I posted last week about how bad it's been trying to get help from o2 to sort my upgrade out. I finally got through to someone today and asked for them to upgrade my phone. My contract runs out on the 6th July. However, my iphone 5 has decided to completely die, no charger seems to be fixing it, so i wanted to get one sorted today/tomorrow.

I spent almost 1 hour on the phone to o2 sorting out this and was told they'd send by a code by text i would need. Due to my phone being broke they told me to switch my sim into someone elses phone and it should work alright. I was told if this was done by 10 id get the phone tomorrow.

I find a phone to work and realise i've had no texts at all to my phone. The link i received in email said it would send me another code, again...didn't work. I tried again to the point it asked me to ring o2 up. By this time the phones were closed.

I'm sick to death of the shoddy service o2 has gave lately. The woman i spoke to on the phone previously was very understanding to be fair, and sounded helpful, but all the advice given hasn't worked.

Has anyone had this problem and any idea how to fix it? The way it looks at the moment, i'm not going to have a phone until early next week

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd go instore to upgrade everytime over using the website.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would of done if I'd had the time, but work doesn't leave me with much time

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It sounds like you have no choice but to call up again tomorrow.
Phone lines open from 8.00am
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The joys...

Thought that would be the only thing i'd be advised, but thought I'd check anyway. Cheers.

Think it's time to cancel with them

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go instore when you are free tomorrow & upgrade then
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Don't have the time to go the store due to work"

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
It seems another call is your only option. Early mornings are the best time to get through to them.
Message 8 of 8