cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 upgrade costs

Anonymous
Not applicable

In early March 2013 O2 advised me that I could upgrade my old phone. I was excited as I hadn't had a new phone since Jan 2010 when I took out my first O2 contract. What they didn't tell me was that if I waited 2 extra weeks I would get the same contract but without having to pay £50 upfront for the phone. I was upset by this so asked them to refund as a good will gesture. But apparently NOT! Has anyone else had the same problem? Do you feel let down by O2? I feel betrayed by a company I used to respect. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

it was their decision to enter the deal, no tactics were forced on them by o2

Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes op decision, O2 still know when its free or payable. Clearly O2 could have said its £50 today but you can wait 2 weeks and get it free. clearly they didn't so hence poor cs bad tactics
Message 12 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I very much doubt CS would know the prices were changing until the tariff review had been passed through and gone live.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trust me, as working for O2 for nearly 4 years. They know. we used to advice customers in store their upgrades are free or not.
Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Easy enough to check as there are some current CS advisors that come on here.... They'll be able to confirm it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I worked handset prices were sent out every month. How do you think they can offer you deals, they can see your usage and offer you accordingly.
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most know if they walk into any shop nowadays and their targets figures for the period are low you can get a better deal !

Wether its money off a handset or an accessory thrown in.

People just need to be confident to ask  and then ask a manager and haggle, haggle, haggle.

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok just to give you the heads up.

The guys on the floor know when the prices change when they recieve an email saying the prices change.

I wish we could foresee any price changes but it rarely happens.

If the OP took a deal in week 1 and by week 2 it had changed (better or worse) then week 2 is still the deal that is offered. Obv if within 7 days then can return and opt out of the upgrade if took direct with O2.

Hope this helps

Message 18 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As I suspected.... The CS advisor was most likely not aware what the tariff revisions would be at the time so could not have advised any differently. Conspiracy theories abound, whilst interesting, are just theories slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 19 of 19