cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 unable to unlock my Xperia 8 phone !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been with O2 for over a decade, some months spending five or six hundred pounds.  I'm on Pay monthly and well out of contract.  I've been trying for nearly 2 months to get my phone unlocked from O2.  Not because I want to leave but because I'm often in India for a few days and want to use a local SIM for local calls, then put back in my O2 sim when I get back to UK.

can they unlock it ??  No.  On-line chat has promiesed a few times that it will be done.  I even made an appointment with the O2 guru in the local shop.  He spent nearly three hours on it and couldn't do it.  Eventually he resorted to escalating the matter and I was promised a fix within 7 days.  Nothing happened.

Last monday I spent a lot of time with many people (Alona, Anicia & Carl amongst other) on the on-line chat, eventually being promised it would be unlocked within 7 days.  I told them I doubted this but was assured that it would be.   Sure enough, 7 days has passed and nothing happened.

it is the lies from O2 that are the worst.  I'm just about ready to quit O2 after more than 10 years as a loyal, and often very-high-spending customer.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone was bought direct from O2 shop as an upgrade from previous phone, having been with O2 for around 10 years.

I've had great help from one particualar chap at O2 and the issue is now, at last, sorted and I have a fully unlocked Xperia working with my Indian SIM. Pretty happy now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you buy the phone direct from an O2 shop or from a third party such as Phones 4 U or Carphone Warehouse? I know from experience that O2 won't unlock phones that weren't bought direct from them.

Well that's what I've been told anyway, by both the live chat and CS over the phone/

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone was bought direct from O2 shop as an upgrade from previous phone, having been with O2 for around 10 years.

I've had great help from one particualar chap at O2 and the issue is now, at last, sorted and I have a fully unlocked Xperia working with my Indian SIM. Pretty happy now.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions