Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 travel

Haydock95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I received a text to say I’m on o2 travel and I can use all the date, minutes and texts I want for £4.99 a day. I’ve been here 4 days and I’ve been charged £87 on top of my bill, what do I do?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Now this is a strange one.  I had the same issue a few years ago.  I got a sms, then I noticed £22 in charges, however 5 days later, they had all vanished and normal charged then applied.

customer care did say on occasions this can happen, the system eventually catches up.

I know it’s been aske, but which country are you in, and are you def sure u have o2 travel on your account.

you can also dial 202 from any where to speak to customer care.

please let us know how u get on.

this is a extract from o2 website tho.

There is a statement on o2 Travel Inclusive. 

At first you may see unexpected roaming charges in your My O2 account. Don’t worry, as long as you’re within your allowance, these charges will correct themselves within three hours and won’t appear on your bill. You’ll still see roaming charges for usage that isn’t included in your allowance, like calls to premium rate numbers. These will appear both in My O2 and on your bill.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Haydock95Which country are you in? Have you exceeded your allowances?

Check out what you have been charged for via My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

My advice would be to turn off Mobile Data and Data roaming and just use WiFi. You can keep in touch with family and friends using Messenger and Whatsapp.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Which country and which part of that country is vital to be able to answer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Now this is a strange one.  I had the same issue a few years ago.  I got a sms, then I noticed £22 in charges, however 5 days later, they had all vanished and normal charged then applied.

customer care did say on occasions this can happen, the system eventually catches up.

I know it’s been aske, but which country are you in, and are you def sure u have o2 travel on your account.

you can also dial 202 from any where to speak to customer care.

please let us know how u get on.

this is a extract from o2 website tho.

There is a statement on o2 Travel Inclusive. 

At first you may see unexpected roaming charges in your My O2 account. Don’t worry, as long as you’re within your allowance, these charges will correct themselves within three hours and won’t appear on your bill. You’ll still see roaming charges for usage that isn’t included in your allowance, like calls to premium rate numbers. These will appear both in My O2 and on your bill.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Great info, @Cleoriff@MI5 and @darrengf

Did this help you understand better what happened, or received any further info from Customer service since you posted? Let us know if there's anything else we could help with slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5