Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 took £825 from my account this week!

also by reading your OP again, you have a VERY good deal on the handset and tariff, and the £20 you have been offered is only £10 off yet ANOTHER free months line rental as it is!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think £20 is the best you will do. At the end of the day its your responsibility to check your bill to ensure you're paying the correct amount. Had you have done this and informed o2 they would have stopped that amount going out.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Clearly we have different ideas on customer service and what you expect from your mobile phone service provider. This did cause me inconvience, but not only that i missed 3 hours of work on monday morning with having to go to the bank twice and then having to go to my parents house to borrow money - so they DID cost me money, lets not forget i also had to take around 5 ten minute breaks from work to keep chasing this up as no one would call me back! The fact is o2 made a caterlog of mistakes and i think any other established company would treat thier loyal customers in a far better manner.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Everyone has a right to moan and your entilted too. O2 and other networks will have millions of customers.

Me I have been with o2 a very long time and have never expeirenced hardly any problems at all.

I very much doubt any other networks would give you the deal you have actually been offered.

They have also cleared up your mistake and have credited to you £20.

I think they have sorted this out for you as quickly as they can ang goodwill also £20.

I think you will be wasting your time if you carry on complaiing about this. As in there eyes they have sorted the problem out for you and gave you a good will gesture.

What more do you want from them?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Also if you accepted the £20 goodwill gesture that will be it, you cannot ask for anymore. You should of refused that then if you could not get anymore by going different avenues you can fall back on the £20.

The £20 offered is you accpeting the apology and goodwill that they have resolved your issue and you are now happy.

I doubt ringing again and speaking to an advisor or manager will make them do anymore. In there eyes this problem has been resolved.

I recommend you take a deep breath and just forget about the last few days.

Overall I would say your expiercne of o2 has been pretty good apart from the last few days.
Highlighted
Anonymous

i didnt accept the £20 goodwill. I think if this incident had been it i wouldnt be making a fuss at all, but the fact that for the last 4 months ive had nothing but problems with them has really wound me up, also my wages each month are £850, and the worry of that enitre amount missing from account was really too much! I shall see if i get any answer from the complaints department - if i dont i guess ill just have to get on with it!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah stressing yourself out more when they have already sorted the problem out is not gonna help yourself.

I would accpet whats been done and get on with more importnant things in life.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah stressing yourself out more when they have already sorted the problem out is not gonna help yourself.
I would accpet whats been done and get on with more importnant things in life.

this is good advice, but still keep these events in memory when it comes to upgrading and use it to squeeze retentions for everything they can offer Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Anonymous

Basically your bill is produced the same day every month and published Online. You can view this with your username and password the day it is produced.

This gives you 14 days before the Direct Debit is taken from your bank account so that you can make sure the funds are in the bank or in this case - call O2 to query the bill and give them time to look at the bill and if needed, prevent the direct debit being taken or make the necessary bill adjustments.

Your bil will ALWAYS be produced on the same day - the day its taken from the Direct Debit is 14 days after this date or just after if that date is a weekend or a bank holiday.

Therefore, by accepting terms and conditions this is all agreed to as O2 do give 14 days notice.
Highlighted
Anonymous

OP, Compensation is something you claim, you need to differentiate between compensation and a goodwill gesture. You would need to write to O2 (or whoever your complaint may be) with a breakdown of the compensation you are claiming. That is, the costs you have incurred. But note you have a legal duty to minimise those costs. (For example, if you could have gone to the bank in your lunch hour, you cannot claim for taking time off work)

You should also note that you can't claim compensation for something being out of stock or usually for mistakes. Only if someone or something hasn't followed their own procedures.

My opinion is that you have contributed to the position and not helped yourself at all.