Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 took £825 from my account this week!

Hi everyone,
Ive been a loyal o2 customer all of my life and have always sung its praises - but the last 3 months have been HELL for me! On the feb 18 2009 my 18 month contract came to an end, i wanted to get a new contract but wanted a certain nokia or a reconditioned iphoned and was told they were both out of stock, i waited for a month- calling every few days to find out when they were in stock (my phone had stopped working by this point) anyway each time i was told the phones had been in stock but had sold out in minutes! I asked how i was supposed to guess when the stock would come in and each time they said they'd call me to let me know...for the mean time they gave me a months free line rental, but they called back. Anyway i got so annoyed i decided to go to tmobile where i could get a new phone & contract that day, so i phoned and spoke to retentions - they tried to talk me round but with no phone to offer me, the lady said 2 look and see if there was another phone i would like and if i found one to call back and theyd give me a bigger discount, in the mean time they put a 30 day warning on my account that it would be cut off (this was the 18/3/09). Anyway the next day i rung back, and told them i wanted the sony erricsoon x1, which i got (they gave me a £45 a month tariff with a £15 a month discount so i am meant to pay £30 a month). Within 3 days the phone had stopped working so i sent it back and within 5 days it was replaced....finally i though it was the end ...but No!

on the 18/04/09 my phone stopped working, i called up to find out y and was told it had been disconnected! I explained i had already renegotiated and had since had the new phone, sent it back and had a replacement! They apologised and that was that...until today, for some reason my bank account appeared empty over the w/e, when i went into the bank i found out o2 had taken £825 from my account on direct debit!

I rung o2 and they told me i had been charged for the disconnection! which i didnt even want!!!(consequently iv just found out they have been charging me £38.30 a month instead of £30 a month also). anyway - i spoke to a girl who was so rude, by this point i was crying and clearly v upset, she offered me nothing but her apology and told me to go back into the bank (which i did- looking horrific) and tell them to give me an idemnity against the dd - they did this although its going to b 3 days before the money goes bk into my account. All i was offered was credit to my account - which i obviosuly dont want! i missed 2 hours of work and have no cash now for 3 days, no manager was available to speak to me (at 9.20 am) and i demanded one called me back, the girl said it would be before 1pm but im still waiting now... Very dissappointed from a company i held in such high esteem, i am determined to hang on for compensation has anyone else had this problem?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Indemnity normally takes 24 hours, your bank need to speed this up.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I asked in the bank if it could be done any quicker and they said not. Im just so mad at o2! and surprise surprise no call by 1pm, i just called and they cannot trace this manager! And now i have to wait for a new manager to call - until 8 tonight! What a complete joke?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah I can totally understand why your upset.

Seems like the systems didnt speak to eachother.

If I was you I would write to the complaints department.

I would be after a very goodwiil gesture to put your faith back in with o2.

Also if your handset is under 14 days old why dont you send back and cancel if you dont get an satisfactory response?

If your paying £30 an month tell them all this hassle and stress I want it at £25 an month or even £20.

PS The Sony X1 is an particular faulty handset, can you change it?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Time to act on your rights!!! Speak your mind and may the force be with you! Cancel the contract when it is within 14 days of the contract was first taken up. If you can't solve the problem with the O2 CS, send e-mails to those people higher in the chain of command and write to the Telecom Ombusdsman. Hey, what about Watchdog then?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Has anyone ever recieved compensation from o2?

Just to update u guys, today at 7:45pm i finally got a call from a manager who after 50 minutes of arguing offered me a measly £20 credit to my account! they said as a company they do not offer ANY compensation at the £20 credit is what they think was reasonable amount! when i asked what the manager would do if she was in my position she replied "i would have checked my bill!" Very, very frustrating

This morning i sent a stern letter of complaint to the o2 complaints centre , i have emailed watchog and will contact ofcom early tommorrow morning

I cannot believe they do not offer any compensation,
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Has anyone ever recieved compensation from o2?

Just to update u guys, today at 7:45pm i finally got a call from a manager who after 50 minutes of arguing offered me a measly £20 credit to my account! they said as a company they do not offer ANY compensation at the £20 credit is what they think was reasonable amount! when i asked what the manager would do if she was in my position she replied "i would have checked my bill!" Very, very frustrating
This morning i sent a stern letter of complaint to the o2 complaints centre , i have emailed watchog and will contact ofcom early tommorrow morning
I cannot believe they do not offer any compensation,

Call them again and demand some good answers from them. Never be afraid of demanding something from them because at the end of the day, if the O2 Customer service officer failed to meet his/her target, he/she will be in trouble.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I was very demanding on the phone to the manager, but she would not increase the offer of her "goodwill gesture", i was very forceful but still she would not budge and told med there would be no one else i could speak to higher than herself. I dont consider credit to my o2 account as "compensation" for the time i missed from work, the inconvience this whole nightmare has cost me and the stress it has all caused! I define compensation as cash in my bank account!As i am sure any other normal person would agree in these circumstances?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I agree it is nice to have a goodwill gesture but if they have physically cost you nothing except stress (like a bill bouncing due to lack of funds or putting you over your OD limit etc) then I think a free months line rental would be fair, as all it is, is inconvenience.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think that's very fair TBH with you.

All they HAVE to do is sort out your problem, listen to your complaint and restore the account back to normal.

GWG are exactly that, a gesture of good will, it is no ones right to demand one and I think you should think yourself lucky with £20.

I doubt very much as the problem will be solved the complaints review will do much more for you.