Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 took £825 from my account this week!

Just to let you guys know - complaining has paid off and today i recieved 3 months free line rental from o2, more than triple what i was offered by an o2 manager from customer services!
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 took £825 from my account this week!

I'd just like to say that complaining and asking for compensation in such cases is definitely warranted, as it will make O2 more careful and vigilant to avoid this type of issue in the future.

Consider someone with a low overdraft limit. If O2 requested £800 out of such a person's account and the bank allowed the charge to go through, this person would also be charged an unauthorised overdraft fee and unauthorised overdraft interest, plus other charges that banks like to add on unauthorised borrowing these days.
Until O2 could repay the money back, the account would remain seriously overdrawn, and of course the charges would still be payable even after O2 had refunded the money. Do you think it would be easy for this person to claim all these charges back from O2?

For this reason alone, it is my opinion that compensation must be sought, if only for the anguish and trouble that O2 has unnecessarily caused to the customer.