Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 to O2 switch?

SP83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is it possible to keep my current O2 number if I buy a new phone with a new contract, but still with O2? I am due an upgrade but there is a brilliant deal out there at the moment (not buying directly with O2) that is simply too good to miss and I can't get anything anywhere near as good by just upgrading.

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@SP83 Yes, just call 202 when you get your new contract and they will migrate your number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@SP83 Yes, just call 202 when you get your new contract and they will migrate your number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

BigDaddyUK
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Moving from Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly

Moving from Pay Monthly to Pay As You Go

but what about Moving from Pay Monthly to Pay Monthly ???

If it is possible that perfectly.
As at EE it is impossible!!

| Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Soon |
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Answer as I gave above.......

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
@MI5 is (as usual) correct @BigDaddyUK and @SP83.
I have done it (moved my number from one o2 contract to another) twice now.
Both times the deal I had from another company was better than the ones available from o2 directly (so long as a 2 year contract was not an issue).
So long as your current deal (or the minimum period, or the handset payments) has finished, once you have the new handset/SIM just call customer services and ask them to move it.
Takes 24 hours or so (depending on when you ask them) but closes the old contract and moves the number.
As the meerkat says, simples!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6