Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 text and web?

Im now on Text and Web and have confirmed this by texting 'balance' to 20202. O2 have not taken 15 pounds off my balance tho. Is this correct???

The credit stays. Tariffs are just bonus's. You keep your normal credit too!
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 text and web?

Is it worth getting this tariff for using with an iPhone? My contract for my iPhone is up and was hoping to change to PAYG to save some money.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 text and web?

Is it worth getting this tariff for using with an iPhone? My contract for my iPhone is up and was hoping to change to PAYG to save some money.

I have an iPhone on PAYG and have just come off the free year of web and wifi (as I suspect many people are, hence why this tariff has appeared). I've gone over to this tariff to save a bit of cash - it would have been £10 top-up and £10 web/wifi bolt on otherwise whereas here I can top up £15 and be done with it (I can live without the wifi). So on that basis it saves £60 a year, plus you get an extra £60 to use on phone calls (as the £10 bolt on would just be taken straight from your account).

From my current useage it looks like 500MB is going to be about right for the month, although it could be tight towards the end (I have my work email linked to my phone which I guess is using the data constantly). Certainly Orange's "fair useage" policy is 750mb even on contract so not far off.

With regards to the fair useage policy - does anyone know if, when the 500mb runs out, you get charged the standard rate for data? When my web/wifi bolt on was cancelled early by mistake I lost a lot of credit, and if I get through the 500mb I don't want to have to switch my phone into airplane mode or go back onto the web/wifi bolt on until the anniversary date to avoid losing lots of credit again!
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 text and web?

I have an iPhone on PAYG and have just come off the free year of web and wifi (as I suspect many people are, hence why this tariff has appeared). I've gone over to this tariff to save a bit of cash - it would have been £10 top-up and £10 web/wifi bolt on otherwise whereas here I can top up £15 and be done with it (I can live without the wifi). So on that basis it saves £60 a year, plus you get an extra £60 to use on phone calls (as the £10 bolt on would just be taken straight from your account).
From my current useage it looks like 500MB is going to be about right for the month, although it could be tight towards the end (I have my work email linked to my phone which I guess is using the data constantly). Certainly Orange's "fair useage" policy is 750mb even on contract so not far off.
With regards to the fair useage policy - does anyone know if, when the 500mb runs out, you get charged the standard rate for data? When my web/wifi bolt on was cancelled early by mistake I lost a lot of credit, and if I get through the 500mb I don't want to have to switch my phone into airplane mode or go back onto the web/wifi bolt on until the anniversary date to avoid losing lots of credit again!

This might possibly be my issue to as I have my work email linked to my iPhone too.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 text and web?

I can confirm that after using up 500MB, they will begin charging at the standard rate of £3 per MB.

The only SMS alert you get is at 450MB, after that you won't be told even if you went past the 500MB limit.

However, I find no mention of being charged after using 500MB in the T&C. Should I bring this up to O2 and complain?
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 text and web?

in the t's and c's it does say talkalotmore08 t's and c's also apply. have a look at number 7.

Excessive Usage policy: O2’s Pay & Go Favourite Place unlimited calls must be used for private, personal and non-commercial purposes only. You may not use your SIM Card:
in, or connected to, any other device; or
in a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
O2 may monitor your usage and request you to moderate if, acting reasonably, we determine it to constitute abuse of this policy. If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, transfer you to a tariff which does not include unlimited minutes or disconnect your account at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 text and web?

I meant it didn't say 500MB was the limit. It's kind of unfair to say 'fair use' and slap a 500MB on everyone without telling you before you switch to the tariff. I'd just thought they'll warn you if you're using excessively, not a limit.

Anyway I emailed them for clarification about the 500MB limit yesterday. Just today I received a one time goodwill gesture of £11 from O2. Will let them off this time.. Smiley Tongue

Btw just for others to know, 500MB isn't really easy to reach. I was away somewhere without 3G reception so my iphone's the only way to get online, hence the heavy use. That said, I was only 3 days shy from my anniversary so the limit is indeed rather reasonable (technically it's free).
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: O2 text and web?

Just received this text...
'O2: You'll move to Text and Web on your next anniversary date or in the next 72 hours. If you change your mind text TEXTANDWEB OFF to 21300 in the next 48 hours'
Can anyone explain this to me, I've checked all over the O2 website and can't find anything about a Text and Web tariff. I'm currently on the Text Anytime tariff with 300 free texts, if I don't reply to this message will that be affected?

I got the same text and I opted for the change.

In short I was on the same tariff as you, this one give you unlimited texts for £10 a month in stead of £30 and you get unlimited texts and web usage for £15 a month
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 text and web?

I think 500Mb is hard to reach, even on an iPhone. Even having push e-mail, like Exchange or MobileMe as I do doesn't suck up the data unless you are constantly downloading e-mails with attachments. I normally find I come up around the 150Mb a month mark, and that's using it whenever I want to - on the bus, out and about price comparisons, whatever really. Everyone's mileage will of course vary but IMO 500Mb is fairly hard to reach. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: O2 text and web?

Just received this text...
'O2: You'll move to Text and Web on your next anniversary date or in the next 72 hours. If you change your mind text TEXTANDWEB OFF to 21300 in the next 48 hours'
Can anyone explain this to me, I've checked all over the O2 website and can't find anything about a Text and Web tariff. I'm currently on the Text Anytime tariff with 300 free texts, if I don't reply to this message will that be affected?

im on text and web tarrif, if ur on payg, top up £10 and u just get unlimited uk texts, top up £15 and u get unlimited texts and unlimited ( with fair usage ) access to internet,