cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 taking unauthorised money from account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in my sixties and require a phone for emergencies nothing else. I have basic simplicity at £10.50 per month. Last month O2 emptied my account by £1 daily and sent me a text at 10pm saying that i could use the internet till 12pm. Once my account had less than a £1 they bombarded me with up to 30 spams a day telling me to top up or i could not use the internet!

After getting help from an O2 helper online they stopped the spam after 28 days but no reimbursement!!!!! A few days ago i got £3 rewards which has had 2 nights at £1 taken for the internet. The only advice i have seen on here is to pay for the interney monthly which is like having no car yet paying for a garage. Short of changing my provider how can i stop O2 from stealing my pension?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i have a samsung wave y and last night they took my last £1. So need to do this quickly please.

You were complaining about this in October and we could have stopped this for you then if you had asked.

As above turn data off if you don't need it and the problem will go away.

This is not something O2 can do for you and this is totally under your control, so the accusations of theft are untrue.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You need to switch off mobile data if you want to stop the charges or add a basic data bolt on. If you tell us which phone you have we can help you to do this. It's easy to do so please don't let this stress you out. We are only too glad to help you.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a samsung wave y and last night they took my last £1. So need to do this quickly please.

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

It should never turn itself on, but for peace of mind, make sure you check from time to time that your mobile data setting is off. If you want to update any apps that you use, do it over your home WiFi connection, which is free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

You were complaining about this in October and we could have stopped this for you then if you had asked.

As above turn data off if you don't need it and the problem will go away.

This is not something O2 can do for you and this is totally under your control, so the accusations of theft are untrue.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 9

terryuno
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have a similiar problem with my Huawei Ascend Y300. I don't use the phone all day and when I switch it off at night a message comes up saying they've taken £1 and I can use service until midnight. I have two questions.

1. How do switch off this data usage on my Huawai Ascend Y300?

2. If a took out bolt on for £3 a month would I still have to pay this £1 daily charge?

I'm not really au fait about mobile phones and would be grateful for any answers

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Pull down the notification bar at the top of the screen and press "mobile data" so it turns grey. This will stop phone connecting to data. If you pay the £3 a month bolt on you get 100mb of data to use. If you use that all up you will be charged £1 a day thereafter.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Whoops I had the wrong phone, thanks MI5! slight_smile

Message 9 of 9