cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 stole money from my bank account

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a text from my bank today to say they were putting me on an informal overdraft as I am overdrawn in my account. Looked at my bank account and O2 have taken £157.81 from it, which now means I can't draw any money out of my account until either a) O2 returns my money to me or b) my salary goes into my account on 26th Feb. After a live chat with customer services, then a call to customer services and speaking with a supervisor I am still no further forward with getting my money back and to make things worse, the person on live chat told me I was £200 in credit!! try telling that to my bank. They have advised me that it will be returned in 5 to 10 working days, shame on you O2!!!!!! How can you get away with taking money unlawfully from peoples accounts and then leave them with an empty bank account until you decide to return it. I will be charged a lot of money by my bank to be overdrawn and this bill will fall on O2's doorstep. Your company should be fined for this sort of practice, I used to rave about the good service from O2 and had been a customer for many years but I will NEVER use your company again after this. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 are crooks 100%.  I spent a year in Cheshire working as a consultant for this firm and believe me they are not as they may appear cosmetically. 

I personally have been the victim of a blantant mis-sell on my contract and becasue I was out of the country for 6 weeks on business I missed the window to cancel the contract. When explaining my predicament did O2 want to know?  Really?  I will never again renew or take out a fresh contract with O2.

I could tell you many many more stories but maybe I will save these for a future date.

Message 11 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you have an O2 phone now? Or some problem with them? Obviously I am only asking as you are posting on the O2 forum wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's difficult to comment without knowing the facts but maybe explaining a little more could help others.

Message 13 of 22

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I could tell you many many more stories but maybe I will save these for a future date.

more !

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Cleoriff 

Yes, unfortunately I do have an O2 phone on contract. Am I not allowed to air my feelings towards O2? 

Here is another taster. Although I travel the world on business quite regularly there was one particular month where my feet remain firmly on dry land here in the UK.  So you can imagine my surprise when I received a 'nice bill' from O2 with numerous charges of £25 for exceeding my data roaming allowance!!!!

When I spoke with O2 CS I was finally advised that because I live right by the sea here in Cornwall it is quite possible that my phone had picked up the GPS signal from a passing ship or passing ships and that I was being charged at the rate appropriate for the origin country of the ship.  You could not script it could you?  In fact when speaking with another O2 CS person a couple of months back I mentioned this story and he quite confidentally announced he had hard this story a number of times.  I wonder who within the O2 empire dreams up these 'fake' reasons for charging customers?  

To put things bluntly, if I was well enough off to sue the ass off O2 I would have done so on a few occasions by now but the fact of the matter is O2 know that the majority of its customers are not fortunate enough to be able to afford attorneys to take them on.  

Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of O2's employed full-time forum moderators are we???

Message 16 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

One of O2's employed full-time forum moderators are we???

@Anonymous  Not at all...and apologies if you thought that.:smileysad:

I really wanted you to share more of what you had implied. Your comment inferred you had a very distressing time. Everything posted on the forum has value, whether it's a good or bad experience...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CleoriffApologies Cleoriff I was referring to one or two others.  People with 1600 posts since last September for example, those sort of people!

Message 19 of 22

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@CleoriffApologies Cleoriff I was referring to one or two others.  People with 1600 posts since last September for example, those sort of people!

You need a sense of humour to be an O2 customer :smileywink:........we don't do paranoia on here Who's there?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 20 of 22