cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 stealing from me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on Pay as you go.

Yesterday and today I get a message reading 'you can now use data on your phone until midnight tonight. we've given you 50mb to use, and taken £1 from your balance'. ????

WTF, I don't want data and did not ask for it.

O2 is stealing my money. I want it back you bunch of theives.

Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

They aren't stealing your money. Your tariff includes Web Daily where you will be charged up to £1.00 a day to use data. If you don't want the charge, switch off mobile data and just use wifi or buy a bolt on.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

They aren't stealing your money. Your tariff includes Web Daily where you will be charged up to £1.00 a day to use data. If you don't want the charge, switch off mobile data and just use wifi or buy a bolt on.

Message 2 of 35

MI5
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you turn off mobile data on your phone you won't get charged. O2 are only charging for what your phone is requesting.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem when I had my S4, if I had used the phone in the car to make a voice activated call it would charge me £1 for a data connection what a con. Phone went back as it did not do simple voice activated calls with data off. Not fit for purpose what I can't understand is that all the calls I make are data so why charge me twice. Bend-over in coming

Message 4 of 35

MI5
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Unfortunately, modern smartphones are designed around data usage and are not suitable for people who want a basic phone or that do not have a data package.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

''Unfortunately, modern smartphones are designed around data usage and are not suitable for people who want a basic phone or that do not have a data package.....''

This is exactly that what should be say in the shop before people buying the smartphones. In the real people get them because they want be cool and not use 80%, kids 95% of smartphone potencial. Its said but real. I have completely oposite problem than AndyDaws. 2gb Data just not 3g as promised by o2. Northern Ireland is in situation with 3g as England with 4g at the moment.

Message 6 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

The same hapend to me thay took a £1 of me for dater and i did not want it

Message 7 of 35

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the same problem when I had my S4, if I had used the phone in the car to make a voice activated call it would charge me £1 for a data connection what a con.

Sadly the voice processing is done on the servers (same with Siri on iPhone) so your voice command has to be uploaded over data to be processed.

Also some people don't realise that picture messages need a data connection too.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

WTF, I don't want data and did not ask for it.

You are the one who chose a smartphone and used it with the data turned on.

I'm not sure how O2 could be liable for that?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

They just have bad customer servies, always did anyway

Message 10 of 35