Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

O2 simplicity texting Jersey

Does anyone know if I go on to a pay monthly O2 simplicity, if the free text allowance and calls allowance includes texting and calling Jersey in the Channel Islands?

Many Thanks

Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,949

Re: O2 simplicity texting Jersey

Good question. From a telephony point of view Jersey has a UK dialling code but it is not part of the UK (in the literal sense). Maybe you need to call 202 and check with Customer services, I couldn't find anything of any sense on the website anywhere.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

On Pay Monthly it seems to be standard rates:

Our Pay Monthly customers will be charged at the following rate for calling this country.

Cost per minute of calling:  Jersey

LandlineStandard
MobilesStandard
Cost per text messageStandard

Standard rates quoted are for customers who joined O2 before the 30th of March 2012. See our standard international calling rates for all tariffs and all countri

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted

Thanks, I couldn't find anything on the website either. I can't phone 202 as I am in Jersey and we dont have O2 here, and Ive tried looking at contact us but there doesn't seem to be an option to emal O2. I will go and have a look for a full phone number for them. Thanks again
Highlighted

Thanks for the info Perksie, when I travel to the UK I use an O2 payg sim and that usually allows me to use my free texts to the channel islands, but wasn't sure on the simplicity contract. Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

[ Edited ]

@lel wrote:
Thanks, I couldn't find anything on the website either. I can't phone 202 as I am in Jersey and we dont have O2 here, and Ive tried looking at contact us but there doesn't seem to be an option to emal O2. I will go and have a look for a full phone number for them. Thanks again

I hope that's helpful, the numbers you need are in Contact us at the bottom of any page.

I found that info here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/support/internationalandtravel

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Surely if it has a uk dialling code and the number starts 01,02,03 its included thats what o2 say is included so I dont really see how they could refuse that but may be best to check

Highlighted

our mobile numbers over here start with 077977 or 077978 so not sure. I did phone O2 this morning and they told me no they didnt include us, but a friend of mine has a daughter at uni in southampton and she is with O2 and gets texts home to channel islands included! So, I think I will just go for it and see how it goes, if O2 say one thing and a friend is experiencing anpther.... who knows! Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah you could try one or two to start with cant see why it shouldn't be included tough