cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sim in another O2 phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm halfway through a pay monthly 24 month contract with a Samsung Galaxy W phone.

My mum is looking to get her first smart phone. She is thinking of taking out a 24 month contract that is exactly the same cost / tariff as i'm on - 500mb, 200 minutes, etc, but would get a Samsung Galaxy SII. 

she's happy to swap handsets if i pay the cost of the sII when she takes the contract as she does not really need SII's features.

Is it possible for us to swap handsets like this so that she takes her new contract sim card and uses it with my Galaxy W phone, I take my existing sim card and use it in her phone for the remainder of my contract?

The issue is not about paying / handling the contract accounts or anything, simply wether o2 allows you to use their sim cards this way or are there restrictions?

Also if this is permitted, once I put the sim in the other phone, what exactly would I need to do to get it all up and running under my tariff / contract?

Thanks for you help? (I couldn''t get through to web chat)

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes there is no restriction on swapping phones.

All you need to do to get set up is to text ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes there is no restriction on swapping phones.

All you need to do to get set up is to text ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant. Thanks for the quick response

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions