Did you mean: 

O2 signal downgrade since phone upgrade

snapman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I held onto my Galaxy S5 for many years until I had to give up the ghost and decided to upgrade.

I always had a great O2 signal at work on my galaxy S5 (4G), but since I've upgraded to the latest and greatest S20, my signal has been so dismal in the same position it's embarrassing. I know it's 5G ready, but I've no 5G in my area, 4G is the norm, but I'd have thought this phone would've romped through 4G where I am no problem!thinking

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
tbh the s20 is a bit rubbish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
tbh the s20 is a bit rubbish.

It appears to be. We have had so many complaints about it on here. So pleased my grandson decided to go for the Note 10 which he absolutely loves and has given him no issues whatsoever.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

snapman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't think the phone is rubbish tbh, I honestly think it's a good piece of kit, it's just why the O2 signal is worse from the same position it sits where the S5 sat at my work, with no difference in my working environment.

The fingerprint scanner is a bit dubious though I'll have to say. My S5 was more reliable.

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Samsung flagship phones are usually unbeatable. I don't own the S20 but as said, there are numerous posts on here from people who are complaining about it. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Because it was designed with form over function.
S20 is a complete let down tbh.

I'd recommend the note 10 series over it any day.

Message 6 of 7

O2Tracey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 103 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Have you tried switching the settings to 4G only and not 5g to switch to 4G when no signal, sometimes that can make a difference. If that don't work try a SIM swap, if you had a new SIM sent with your new phone text SWAP to 20220 from your current SIM and follow what they text back, or you can go into store (England or northern Ireland at the moment) and get a new SIM. Take your photo I'd and your phone in case you need it
Message 7 of 7