Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 signal abroad

katbox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I am traveling to Florida next year and I am worried about being able to use my phone, 4G. I have had terrible problems trying to get service in Rome, Venice, Holland and Turkey(gave up in Turkey, kept phoning O2 with no success). Fed up as my husband and kids all get 4G abroad with different networks. I really really need my phone to work properly e.g. 4G in Florida as I am in charge of a large party. I am still under contract until later in 2020.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@katbox 

Our advice would be to get a SIM card from either Three before you go or get an AT&T or TMobile PAYG sim when you get out there. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@katbox 

Our advice would be to get a SIM card from either Three before you go or get an AT&T or TMobile PAYG sim when you get out there. 

Sound advice.

We have heard from every customer on here that data is almost unusable on O2 in the US.

The fact that you have had problems in various countries though, does tend to point to either a roaming bar on your account or the data bolt on is the incorrect one.

Call customer service, don't use live chat, if you have an iphone ask them to check the data bolt on. It should be idata for an iphone and standard bolt on for android.

We have had these problems when customers upgrade or change tariff.

Also ask them to check there are no roaming bars on the account.

Message 3 of 3