cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 service in MK7 (Tilbrook, Milton Keynes)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, first time whinger here. For the last 10 (ish) days I have been without any mobile data at work at the above post code.

The service status simply states over worked mast for my area, or something of that ilk, updated hourly, although at this rate they might as well update it weekly.

My question is this, what with not being able to recieve any emails and nearly all my texts arriving when i leave work in the evening, what choices do i have with my current contract? My phone is borderline useless like this and there's no word of the situation being sorted out. It's causing me a lot of problems at the moment.

Not to mention that i'm currently paying £40 a month for a service i'm not actually getting.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm presuming you're still inside your current contract? If so, you're options are gonna be limited. O2 don't guarantee service everywhere, all the time. Frustrating for everyone affected, but I would imagine the most you'll get from O2 (if you're lucky) is 'sorry for the inconvenience' and a small credit on your bill.

Has anyone had more success than that when faced with these signal issues?

Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

10 days... Is that all?
My local town centre has been like that for 14 months !!!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It does appear that some are experiencing mast congestion across the UK as O2 improve their network.

Unfortunately their are no generic help tips to alleviate this.

As suggested O2 have been known to offer a GWG for prolonged downtime.

Tip:

If you do think about moving networks to attain better usage then please try out their payg SIM cards first to check signal.

If your phone is locked to O2 you can unlock it free as a contract customer to test out other SIM cards.

Unlock form. -> https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

O2 Network Future -> http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you (and everyone else) for your help.

My phone is a 5s, so probably worth about £300, I have 12 months left on my contract so termination will cost me around £380, i might just take that hit of £80 and go back to EE. To be honest, i don't know why i ever changed, everything about that service was better than i've had this year. It was a bit silly of me.

Once again, i appreciate your help.

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

EE has been my choice  due  to  the  reception in my area  Sometimes it's worth the hit.

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

EE has been my choice  due  to  the  reception in my area  Sometimes it's worth the hit.

Certainly is...even though it was a costly lesson. Still whats the point of hanging onto a network that gives you such limited service?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Certainly is...even though it was a costly lesson. Still whats the point of hanging onto a network that gives you such limited service?

No point...who wants an expensive mp3 player and photo gallery?

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with your choices Markyboyace

😄

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

EE do seem to be doing well with contract wins. My employer has recently changed contracts to EE. Dozens of lost customers.

Message 10 of 10