Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refresh renewal and credit check

Mckay007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Current on the refresh contract when this expires and I want to swap my phone contract due to expire March. Will I need a credit check. Gone through split and cause issues with credit
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Mckay007 if it’s a straight upgrade then you won’t need a credit check but if it’s a new contract then yes you will

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Mckay007 if it’s a straight upgrade then you won’t need a credit check but if it’s a new contract then yes you will

Message 2 of 9

Mckay007
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry being bit stupid, with straight upgrade will I get new phone. Happy with current tariffs etc
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
When you upgrade you take a new phone with a new tariff, so you won't be able to keep your current tariff.
No credit checks if you do this upgrade directly with O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Mckay007
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So even through I’m on o2 refresh I can let my original deal expired without taking advantage of upgrade on us. I can then upgrade with new tariff and new phone without credit check. Thank you for help. I have serious health issues and need phone. So been a worrie
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Mckay007 wrote:
So even through I’m on o2 refresh I can let my original deal expired without taking advantage of upgrade on us. I can then upgrade with new tariff and new phone without credit check.

Yes, that is correct.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Mckay007
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You're welcome and welcome to the forum too slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9