cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refresh cancel (device paid for upfront)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Hoping someone can help...

In the Pay monthly terms and conditons, it says that if the Refresh Contract Device Plan was paid for in full upfront (leaving just the airtime plan to pay monthly) then the minimum term for the contract is the full 24 months. 

Does this mean that I wouldnt be able to cancel my airtime, and therefore cancel the contract, at anytime. Would this also mean I would have to pay a cancelation fee?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Once you have paid for the device fully you can cancel the airtime, with 30 days notice and no fees are payable.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Once you have paid for the device fully you can cancel the airtime, with 30 days notice and no fees are payable.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
After paying the handset plan off you can just cancel the airtime part and re upgrade again , walk away with no fee or pac code to another network.

The beauty of Refresh.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies I omitted to add ->

Or go to sim only 30 day or 12 month or go to pay as you go.
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If you choose to keep the airtime going it will continue, indefinitely, until you cancel but at the new reduced monthly rate.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Paying off the handset negates the minimum term. Only 30 days notice is needed to end the airtime and then the world is your oyster. Don't forget to get the handset unlocked for free now.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought that would be the case. 

And thanks for the very quick replies! I'm new to the whole forum thing and have never used O2 community before, but based on this post and the responses, I think I'll use it more often!

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Link to unlocking if required http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Happy to help mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome for the advice.
Message 10 of 12