Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refresh airtime variation with different phone cost

Dan85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I’ve recently been looking to upgrade to the iPhone 11, when I look at the costing for this on refresh, for the 64gb model it comes in at £20.37 for the phone and £30 for the airtime monthly over 36 months, however I was looking at the 128gb model and this comes in at £22.20 for the phone and £35 for the airtime a month over 36 months, this doesn’t make any sense to me, for the same data/mins/texts all unlimited over 36 months the airtime plan is more for the phone with more storage, when it surely should only be the phone part of the plan which has increased, which is has. Can anyone help with this matter as it’s got me puzzled and unsure whether I want to stay with o2 as I do want the more storage but feels like I’m being ripped off, I’ve been an o2 customer for around 20 years now since I was a teenager and considering leaving because of this difference.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's just the way O2 do it.
They probably expect people to take the bigger capacity phone and so make more off it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93187 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 3 of 3